The training aims to improve the ability of member states to design and implement effective employment services and labor market programs in order to transition to decent work throughout their lives, with special attention to disadvantaged groups.
Modules, group work and participant speeches will cover effective employment services policy methods and operational tools, with a focus on innovative and targeted services and active labor market plans.
How to promote a just transition of the labor market to decent work: The role of employment services, especially in times of global crisis. This online course provides the knowledge and tools needed to facilitate work transition and labor market integration, especially for young people and women, and enhance the role of employment services. The curriculum method aims to promote the sharing of experiences and good practices. This online training will strengthen the ability of practitioners and policy makers to design and implement efficient employment services. The training will provide an innovative e-learning platform for open policy dialogue among government officials, representatives of workers and employers’ organizations, and staff of development agencies. This policy-oriented online learning course will enable you to join a virtual global network of practitioners at a flexible time. The course includes many online modules provided through the ITCILO electronic campus online platform, which will be completed from June 1st to the end of October 2020, with a total of 60 learning hours. The course is divided into three phases: (i) Pre-class learning: flexible online self-guided learning with final assessment; (ii) “Real-time” learning: live interactive meetings and engaging by experienced trainers and international experts Video demonstrations of, combined with individual and collaborative group exercises and online technical forums; (iii) End of the course: personal assignments suitable for national conditions. Participants who successfully complete all assessments and final assignments will receive a certificate of achievement.
Who is taking this course?
This course is aimed at planners and technicians from various ministries and employment agencies; representatives of workers’ organizations and employers’ organizations. Gender-balanced participation is desirable.
What topics are covered in this course?
This course aims to provide concepts and practical tools, including the following courses:
– Work consulting, career guidance and soft skills counseling;
– Targeted active labor market programs, including training and entrepreneurial development programs;
– Manage effective employment centers, digitization and information systems;
Establish public-private partnerships and dialogues at the national and local levels.
What will i learn?
By the end of the course, participants will strengthen their technical knowledge to improve their employment service system. In particular, participants will have:
– Strengthen their understanding of the role of employment services in promoting the transformation of the labor market, especially for disadvantaged groups;
– In-depth understanding of how to design and implement effective and innovative targeted labor market plans;
– Examined management challenges related to the modernization of employment services, information systems and service delivery systems;
Increased their understanding of how to promote PPP and dialogue to influence decision-making in a coordinated manner at the national and local levels, public, private and third sectors.
What can I do?
Participants leave this online course and connect to a global network of career service professionals. In addition to improving abilities and knowledge, the seminar aims to promote peer learning and possible future cooperation between participants and their respective institutions and organizations.
They will be able to improve their ability to design and implement effective employment services and active labor market programs in the following ways:
– Correctly analyze the bottlenecks and challenges of one’s own institution or the institution level;
– Identify the main factors that contribute to the better operation of the labor market and promote the transformation of the labor market throughout the life process;
Develop a strategic development plan for its organization or organization.
Why should I join?
– The course adopts practical methods, emphasizes best practices and provides tools and methods that help participants in their daily work;
– Encourage participants to share their personal experiences during the training, so as to establish an international community of practice;
Given its high-quality content, the course puts participants at the core of current debates and policy choices.
How to apply
Click here to apply before May 12, 2021.